- Position: Settlement Worker
- Location: Vietnamese Association, Toronto 3585 Keele St. Unit 13, North York ON MJ 3H5
- Starting date: September 1, 2018
- Working hours: 28 hours / week, to be arranged within regular office hours which are Monday to Friday from 9 am to 5 pm, less 1 hour for lunch. Evening and weekend work may be required from time to time.
- Rate of pay: to be discussed.
- Provide settlement counselling services to clients
- Facilitate appropriate referrals and access to services in the community
- Promote settlement services through communities and outreach to newcomers
- Organize, plan and implement workshops, group orientations and information sessions on settlement related issues to newcomers
- Record daily activities as well as prepare and submit accurate and timely statistical and progress reports to management
- Availability to volunteer for community events (Community Picnic, Christmas Gift Distribution, Tet Festival) would be an asset.
- Graduate with degree or diploma in Social Work or equivalent
- Fluent in English and Vietnamese
- Priority will be given to candidates with experience in provide settlement services to newcomers
- Contact: Please send resumé and cover letter to Executive Director Mark Manh Nguyen at: “firstname.lastname@example.org” by the end of Friday August 17, 2018
Vietnamese Association, Toronto is a non-profit, charitable organization serving community since 1972 with the following missions: (a) to provide settlement and adaptation services to immigrants and help them integrate and participate successfully in Canadian society; (b) to promote mutual understanding, tolerance and racial harmony among ethno-cultural communities; and (c) to work for the promotion and preservation of the Vietnamese heritage and culture, and for the enrichment of multiculturalism in Canada.
Download posting here